Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Family Names from Geary, OK COGIC

This might be an area of research........   The Colberts,  

My google search found this tid-bit
Karen Y. Howell
Diocesan Missionary
  ENCOURAGING WORD CHURCH RCOGIC INT'L SUPERVISOR OF WOMENS WORKS
Missionary Karen Colbert Howell was born in Bridgeport, Oklahoma. She was the third child of eleven born to George L. & I. Marie Colbert. Along with her family, she attended Beulah Land Church of God in Christ in Geary, Oklahoma where Elder Howard Huggins was the Pastor.
After moving to El Reno, Missionary Howell became a member of Holy Temple Church of God in Christ, Elder Herbert Sanders was the officiating pastor at that time. She served as Choir Director for approximately 2 years.
A new church named Faith Temple COGIC was built in El Reno under the guidance of Elder George Nelson as pastor, there she served as Choir Director, Church Secretary and Adult Sunday school teachers.
Missionary Howell is the mother to five beautiful and gifted children, grandmother to eight and great grandmother of three wonderful little ones.
God has been very good to me in my years and my greatest desire is to please GOD. I remember a scripture in the Bible that reads "I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord which made heaven and earth" Psalm 121:1-2.

The Reformed Churches of God in Christ International 

No comments:

Post a Comment