Monday, June 4, 2012

A June Wedding ~ 64 years ago!!!

There's a twinkle in daddy's eye.... and mama leans her head ever so sweetly....


Tana said that daddy's first cousin from Aunt Molly Travis-Clark is standing next to mama... the picture smudged him a bit... he is Paul Clark, his wife is seated in front of him??? and I can't remember who the children are....

Bruce Fisher has an old suitcase underneath a bed at Ada and Warren's House located at 4009 Springlake Drive, Oklahoma City, OK.   Year and a half-ago... I stopped by and photographed....

This verifies that my mother, Helen Huggins did leave Langston University, OK ... I have a picture of her in a Freshman LU Class.....
she moved to Chicago to stay with one of Big Mama's sisters (an aunt)... and graduated from a business school in may 1947....


Then.....  this is a little bridal book page..... really sweet and sentimental ... (Dad Sipuel had passed in Sept 1946)... so Big Mama prepared a wedding announcement..   I notice that..yes... Daddy was already an ordained COGIC minister when marrying mama.




On.... June 18, 1948 in Chicago Illinois, Howard Jr. Huggins and Helen Sipuel were married...
I found something on Prayer Garden COGIC while scanning the COGIC internet a few days ago...


One more cute thing... whatever book this is with Daddy's handwriting... He had recorded five of US-Chillun.... Tana didn't come along until 1965!!!


Now.... lastly.. I wonder if Orville's middle name is spelled the same on his birth certificate... I always thought it was Thurston!!




No comments:

Post a Comment