Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Week # 20 – Fame

Week 20. Fame. Tell us about any local brushes with fame. Were you ever in the newspaper? Why? You may also describe any press mentions of your family members. This challenge runs from Saturday, May 14, 2011 through Friday, May 20, 2011


My first thoughts are about the time my mother went locally shopping at a small mall. A younger woman left her baby unattended in her car... and my mother was the first to approach the crying youngster.  As my mother saw the situation progress into a situation where the woman had gone into a store and was caught shoplifting.....wherein a good number of white persons and policemen gathered around inside and out.   As my mother competently spoke and kept the police and all involved pretty calm.... Mom was later awarded a citation for her part in the calamity!!!!


Next up was the time my daddy was invited to the White House in 1985 or see as a group of clergymen to discuss American issues with President Reagan.... later.. he kept the card-invite and cherished the event.... Famously.... you bet!

No comments:

Post a Comment