Monday, January 7, 2013

My Travis Maternal Great-Grandparents


Jim and Cornelius (Salter) Travis are my maternal grandparents on daddy's mothers' side -- there is probably a repeat in that sentence...huh?  My great grandfather was formally named James.... and my first cousin now living in Chicago IL recalls that he was nicknamed Jug...often called Jim. . . and his was called Snally!  In checking the census lists, I've seen my great grandmother's name written as Nealy, or Nealie.   

Here are some of the facts reports on the census records I have reviewed.  James Travis was the son of BYRD AND MOLLIE TRAVIS. He first appears as the adjoining line neighbor of this mother and father on the 1900 census.   James ' oldest brother is Rayford Travis on this same subsequent census line.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment