Sunday, January 9, 2011

This may be my BEST FIND of 20111

Oklahoma African-native American Source doc

Angela Y Walton-Raji
In 1997 I launched the African-Native American Web site. The page had developed out of my research and work with the records that document the Freedmen of the Five Civilized Tribes. This enormous record set became the basis of my work with “Black Indian” records and eventually formed the basis of my book, Black Genealogy Research. African American Ancestors Among the Five Civilized Tribes.


In the past 12 years, my research has expanded to include the history and documentation of blended African & Native American families in more states. As a genealogist, the focus remains on providing the evidence and properly citing the sources in order to tell the family story. As I have become more familiar with resources for documentation of African American families that were associated with people from multiple Native American communities, I have expanded the focus of my research to include genealogical resources for families beyond Indian Territory.

The focus will remain on relying upon standard genealogical methodology that will lead to the proper documentation of one’s family history. The page will discuss and include record sets that are essential to construct one’s family history.

No comments:

Post a Comment